Welcome to Berlin Eye Clinic

Your clinic for ophthalmology in Berlin

Arrow
Arrow
Slider

Cataract Surgery

Cataract surgery is the most performed und most successful operation worldwide. Cataract surgery is mostly performed under local anesthesia i.e. topical (anesthetic eye drops) or injections under the globe. In only few cases should it be performed under general anesthesia.During micro-incision Cataract surgery the opaque lens will be emulsified and removed through a specialized ultrasound probe (Phacoemulsification) and a new intraocular lens will be placed in the capsular bag.

Using monofocal intraocular lenses (with one focal point) around 85% of patients are spectacle-free for one distance, either near or far. Usually patients chose an intraocular lens for spectacle-free distance vision and wear reading glasses when needed. Most of the remaining 15% of the patients need spectacles after cataract surgery to correct astigmatism (skewness of cornea), of whom more than 95% can be helped with toric intraocular lenses. Toric intraocular lenses with 2 different curvatures counteract the astigmatism of the cornea resulting in good uncorrected vision. Suitable patients can also receive multifocal/bifocal intraocular lenses (2-3 focal points) resulting in spectacle- independent vision. At the Berlin Eye Clinic the suitability of patients for intraocular lenses can be determined using modern ophthalmic diagnostic devices.

At the Berlin Eye Clinic Mr. Chamat performs cataract surgery with micro-incision 1.8 mm coaxial phacoemulsification, a system known for its premium cataract surgery with minimal energy use and subsequent minimal damage to the eye resulting in excellent visual acuity. A wide range of intraocular lenses from pioneering worldwide companies can be implanted at the Berlin Eye Clinic. Measurement of suitable intraocular lenses is performed using most modern technology. We also cutting edge techniques like Wave-Front analysis, Topography and Scheimpflug-Imaging of cornea and anterior chamber assessment to determine the best suitable intraocular lens for your eye.

This site uses cookies to optimize its use. Further information you will find in our "cookie directive". Through to the use of this website you give us our approval to use cookies. Privacy Policy Imprint further information

Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.

Schließen